Curious about what happens in an Enthronement?
Why do I need to Enthrone an Image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in my home?
The request is directly from Jesus Himself. He told St. Margaret Mary of Alacoque that He would bless each home where a picture of His Sacred Heart is exposed and honored.
As the family/household receives Jesus in the Eucharist at Holy Mass, Jesus desires through His Image to remain present spiritually in their home, “the domestic church.”
The Image of the Sacred Heart is more than just a picture. It is meant to draw us toward God and enlighten our soul with Divine Truths.
What is Enthronement?
- A ceremony where Jesus is invited into your home and is given authority over your family/household.
- A ceremony that takes place in your home as an act of homage offered to Jesus Christ, King of Kings.
- A social recognition of the kingship of Jesus over the home and all of society.
- An act of reparation to make up for all who have “dethroned” Jesus in our secular world.
- An event where an image of Our Lord’s Sacred Heart is given a place of honor in the home.
How is an Enthronement done in my home?
Obtain a booklet for the Novena and preparation before the Enthronement ceremony takes place.
On the day of the ceremony, the head of the family/individual carries the Image of the Sacred Heart to His place of honor in the home.
After the Image has been set in a place of honor, the family/individual publicly consecrates themselves to Jesus Christ.
The Enthronement covenant is signed.
The family/individual celebrates together as the work of the restoration of society begins with their family/household.
The act of Enthronement to the Sacred Heart is an act which takes an image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and places this image at the heart of a home, a business, or even a school. The prayers of the Enthronement place the individual, the family, or a community at the feet of our merciful King asking Him to become present in that place as not only our King but also our friend, our brother, and finally our loving Saviour.
The Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in your home is an act of adoration that publicly declares Him as “Lord of the Household.” It is more than setting aside a dwelling place for Him in a building; it is the welcoming of the Reign of Christ into the heart of the family who dwells within that place. He becomes the central focus. He promises great blessings for families and individuals who honor Him with the installation of a blessed image of His Sacred Heart, proclaim His Kingship over them and make a covenant of love with Him.
This action of enthroning the Sacred Heart has an impact on families and individuals that carries over to society and becomes the basis for spreading the Social Reign of our King and Savior. In this sense, the Enthronement is very much in line with the mind of the Church who wishes to see acts of charity, peace and justice move from the family circle to all society.
More on the process:
- Chuck and JoAnn Wilson talk about the Sacred Heart Enthronement Network on EWTN. Click here.
- Sacred Heart Columbus had an article in the Columbus Dispatch. Click here.
- Check out another Article on How The Sacred Heart Enthronement has Impacted Lives and Communities here at www.catholicmom.com.
- Here is a sample of the inside pages of our Enthronement for the Sacred Heart of Jesus for a Home manual: Sample PDF
Daily Videos for the Enthronement Preparation Time
Families and individuals can have a mini-retreat by Father Stash Daily during the Enthronement preparation time. The links are below: